Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
?

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

?

I have been really sick for 31/2 weeks now. I couldn't get out of bed for 10 days except to use the restroom. My head, neck, and body hurt sooo bad that I thought I might be dying. My Dr. gave me 1st the Zpak (sore throat symptoms and swollen glands is how this all started.) I finished the zpak and continued to get worse. Called dr. he refused to prescribe anything else and did not ask to see me either. Finally went back to Dr. out of desperation after the headaches, stiff neck, painful, hard, swollen lymph node and glands, and low grade fever continued. Was given 10 days of amoxicillin and Dr. just said I had a virus. My WBC was low on labs. I finished the antibiotics and am still weak, achey (achy) allover, stiff neck, and bad headaches lasting all day that get a lil better if I lay down. What should I do now?  Dr. keeps saying that viruses just take time to get over. I feel miserable, I'm 42, and I want' to feel better and have answers.  Please give me your advice... I'm on medicaid so IDK if that's why my family Dr. won't do any tests but my daily life is just trying to get through the day with the painful head and neck aches. I am getting very depressed because I dont'f feel like I am getting better.  I also have a pituitary gland tumor. Could that be involved with my recent illness?
1 Comment
Dear TJ1006

It could be related but that does not mean it is. Pituitary gland function tests should be performed to rule out. Please consult your doctor about or go to the ER if symptoms are aggravating.