Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Adrenalin and cortisol
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Adrenalin and cortisol

I had a pituitary macro adenoma (acromegaly) removed at UPMC in 2005 with Gamma Knife follow-up in 2006.  In 2008, I was diagnosed with Parkinson's Disease and in 2010, had a T12 compression fracture.  I am doing remarkably well, all things considered, and have joined the YMCA, where I go to exercise 5 days a week.
I take Cortef, 10 mg 3 times a day, in addition to Stalevo, Requip,and Azilect for the PD, and D3 plus calcium for the osteoporosis.  Zoloft and B12 complete the regimen.
Here is my question:
Because I exercise for 2 hours when I go to the Y, do I need extra hydrocortisone?  
My routine is 45 minutes on the elliptical trainer, 30 minutes on the stationary bike, and 45 minutes treadmill.  I expend 500-600 calories, according to the machine readouts.
At age 61, is this too much stress on my adrenals?
I am trying to lose some of the weight I gained when I was in a back brace and immobile....
Your thoughts, please.
Bonnie