Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Any advice would help. Not asking for a diagnosis!!!

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Last year (my first MRI) showed abnormal signals with expansion in the superior gurus of the left frontal lobe. Suggesting a very-slow growing neoplasm such as a low-grade glioma. I seen a neurosurgeon who said it was benign and suggested that we just watch it. Throughout the last few years I have been suffering from Severe migraines. I have taken different blood-pressure medications, antidepressants, anti-inflammatories, beta blockers, Seizure medications, supplements, pain killers, and receive Botox injections every 3 months ( i am sure i missed something). One of the medications even caused me to lose my short term memory ( i am a full-time student). My migraines will last for months at a time.  Over the last year I have been hospitalized on numberous occasions and my sensitivity to smell is far beyond anything you can fathom. Smells now cause and increase the severity of the migraine. I also often suffer from nausea and vomit. My neurologist insists that this thing in my brain has absolutely no relation to the migraines at all. Additionally, I resently had another MRI done and it reads that there has been no substantial change in the T2/flare hyperintence expansion of the superior gyrus of the left frontal lobe, which may reflect cortical dysplasia versus low-grade neoplasm. From what I have read on the cortical dysplasia the majority of people diagnosed are children and suffer from seizures. I am a 30 year old female and have never had a seizure in my life. I am so confused and scared  as how to proceed with all this. I feel that they should know what this thing is!!! As I understand it is not aggressive now but does that mean that it will always be like that? I also feel that my neurologist likes to throw medications at me like candy. I seen him today and I got 4 new scripts. One of which is an anti nausea but he gave it to me in a pill form. So if I am nauseous or vomiting a pill is not even going to work. So I don't know what to do. I am so confused.
Dear Tessa430,

It is very good news that what ever it is has not changed much over the years.
It could be either one, and it is difficult for me to give you an opinion without seeing the imaging.
I will be glad to review your MRI free of charge.

My address is (if you are willing to send the discs):

N1011 Doan Hall
410 10h W. Avenue
Wexner Medical Center
Columbus, OH
43210

Thank you

I have not seen my neurosurgeon since my last MRI. And can critical dysplasia go undetected for so long?