Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Any thoughts or suggestions for my next step?

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Dr. Prevedello,
I know your very busy and I appreciate you taking time to help everyone with questions. I haven't posted on this site in a very long time, as I am still at square one. I was hoping that if you ever had the time, got bored or were interested in a case like mine that has stumped well over 60 doctors, including the Mayo Clinic; you might be able to read through some of my previous posts and let me know what you think. I have been on well over 100+ medications since this started in 2004 following a severe broken nose and prior to that I had only taken Prilosec. I was diagnosed with a pituitary micro-adenoma, but I've received very little treatment for it, as the Mayo Clinic said "there 100% sure it's not causing any of my symptoms. After some test results from different doctors, I was told it looked as though I have total pituitary failure and many other diagnosis's. The pain behind my eyes and on the right side of my forehead have become so severe that I often am almost bed ridden. I can't sleep and in my attempt to, I've often taken over ten (10 mg) Ambien, 3 - 4 (1 mg) Clonazepam, either 2 Simply Sleep or some other over the counter sleep aid, Advil and Phenergran all in a night, but still nothing. I understand the dangers of this, but it literally has no affect on me. I've found that for some reason, if I take Ambien during the day for anxiety, it works miracles compared to anything else I've tried (Clonazepam, Xanax, Alprazolam, etc..., I've been on over 20 different types of Benzo's). I'm no longer on the Ambien, as it just didn't work for what it was intended. Anyways, sorry for the long post and I hope you get a chance to look over some of my prior posts. Thanks!!
Dear Blue727

It sounds like you have a not standard situation. I will be happy to review your MRI free of charge.
I just want to mention that the main cause of panhypopituitarism is trauma. How severe was your trauma when you had the broken nose?

As a pituitary patient myself - I would find another center and try again.
I would take the testing that you have and find a decent neuro-endo. I know in my case it took me many places (including Mayo who did not help me either) and many doctors in many states to find help.
Thanks for responding! I'm not sure how to let you see my MRI's or put them on here. The trauma to my nose was pretty severe. I immediately started throwing up and within a week I was so dizzy, I couldn't get out of bed. I ended up having surgery to fix my nose, but if anything I got worse. I know I have a lot of posts on here (all for the same thing) and it would be hard to do, but I was hoping you could read a couple of them. I will try to find one that explains everything the best and let you know. After you've seen the list of medications and doctors I've seen, as well as the test results and list of what different doctors thought it was, I think you will be absolutely blown away to know that I am now just 33 years old and this started in 2004. If you could please let me know how to show you my MRI's, I will list them and in the meantime I will find a post that explains my situation better. Thanks Again!
Dear Blue727

Please send it to:

N1011 Doan Hall
410 W 10th avenue
Wexner Medical Center
Columbus, OH
43210

thank you