Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Blindness with bell's palsy

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Blindness with bell's palsy

Day 10, of BP, today things took a curve. I went to the doc as my left eye's vision is occasionally blurry the past couple of days.  I have always had eagle eye vision but today it tested 20/30 (and i guessed at half). I will be seeing an ophthalmologist at LGH soon. Reading about vision complications and partial or complete blindness overwhelmed me.

I was on prednisone and antiviral for a week and now tapering off pred.

How serious is it that vision is going ten days after the meds and some therapy?
Sorry HuckleberryEyes,

This is out of my expertise. I defer to your ophthalmologist in order to explain what is happening with your vision.
I have never seen bells palsy associated with vision loss.
Did you have an MRI done to rule out other conditions?