Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Blurry vison, speech changes, droopy eye

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Im 25 and I was diagnosed with Hashimotos disease when I was 12. I've had trouble with being tired my whole life but in the last six months it's all I can do to get out of bed and get dressed. I have this feeling that there is so much i want to get done and so much i need to do but my body just wont let me. I work full time and I'm a mom of 2. It's takes everything I have to do my daily mom duties. For the last 8 weeks I've been walking 3-4 miles 4 days a week hoping the exercise will give me some energy with no improvement. I've been eating healthy, fresh fruits and vegetables and low fat meat. I've had my thyroid levels tested and they are fine. In the last 6 weeks I've started having blurry vision and speech problems. Then about a week ago I had an episode of my eye drooping followed by a headache for 12 hrs. I had a ct of my brain done and everything was fine. And Im now scheduled for an MRI. I'm just wondering if this could be something resulting from having a thyroid disorder for so long or something else? Any suggestions will help... Thanks
Dear Michelle87,

Did you have your MRI at this point? If so, please give us some feedback about it.
Hypothyroidism can cause enlargement of the pituitary gland in order to produce TSH in large volume, particularly if it is not well treated (T4 replacement).
Other than that there is no correlation that I am aware.