Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Brain tumor removed and flying

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Brain tumor removed and flying
Just had a 2.2 centimeter removed from my left temporal lobe and need to know if i am safe to fly now. It has been two months.
Dear Jordan110.

I do allow my patients to fly after around 10 days from craniotomy in general. However, each case is different and you should discuss your situation with your neurosurgeon.

thanks

I had surgery to remove a pituitary tumor in a place away from home. I few home just a few days after surgery. At that point, I was still not permitted to lift.  If you are concerned, do call your doctor's office and ask!