Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Corotid Artery Concerns

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Corotid Artery Concerns

I recently had a brain scan but they never scanned the neck or throat the scan was because of blinding headaches and weakness i also had a lumbar puncture, thankfully those tests were normal however since then i have been very worried because i told them i kept getting ulcers and sore throats along with pulsating in the neck so the just did a quick look through the nostril said it all looked okay in my throat.
Nobody seems to listen when i tell them i can feel a swelling in my throat and what feels like a large tonsil size fleshy but hard mass where the carotid artery sits on my left side of my throat it hasnt gone away but sometimes it doesnt feel as big there is no similar lump on the opposite side and i know where my carotid artery is and its most definately in that area as this is where you check for a pulse.
The feeling is uncomfortable and pulsates all the time giving me headaches and a sore throat along with numbness in my arm sometimes i feel nauseous and im worried because if its that enlarged and its a carotid artery then i'll be brown bread before it gets seen as the waiting time here is awful & the GP's & Consultants are not listening, am i right to think that this is my carotid artery or is it something eles ?
Please try  answer as im very worried & live alone.
Regards
William
Dear Killybing,

It is basically impossible to give you a medical opinion in this situation without seeing you or examining you.
The goal of this forum is not related to establishing any diagnosis. Please discuss with your doctor.
thank you
Thank you for your negative response & as i like to think that i am quite intelligent then i would suggest that you read through my post again ! My GP's & the consultants here in North Wales are failing the patients as we have a LHB  ( Betsi Cadwaladr ) that is constantly in the news for running a poor national health service here in North Wales , I have had scans on the Brain & without contrast, i have had scans on my neck without contrast & i still suffer swelling of my glands & have the most painful headaches anyone could imagine, the neurologist was dismissive & the GP goes along with what ever the Consultants say so it's stalemate and i even asked for a second opinion because im that worried but have been refused that, because the UK is run differently to most countries and the NHS is run by individual local health boards ( LHB ) then we are left to suffer i have my gums shrinking, constant headaches, sore throats, swelling in glands, lymph node to base of head that doesnt go away and am now getting numbness in the arms and neck & throat area but they say its nothing as the scans and blood tests show nothing, my point of coming on here and posting was not to get a diagnosis but to hopefully have someone make an educated and professional suggestion as to what is going on with my body as i have always been fit but after being assaulted 5 yrs ago then being diagnosed with M.E i have had no end of horrible symptoms, im constantly getting chest pain but they say my hearts fine , i have sleep deprivation and the list is endless and it honestly feels as though there is something slowly killing me but nobody is taking me serious so i will now suffer in silence.
Kind Regards

William King, North Wales Aged 51 weight 9  stone 10lb height 5ft 11 in
Non Smoker, Non Drinker & Never taken Illegal drugs ???? Give Up
Dear Killybing

I am sorry, but an educated suggestion of what is going on with you is impossible through the Internet.  A physician needs to examine you in order to professionally suggest anything.
I am not trying to be hard, it is a reality.
Thank you for understanding