Ear pain-known meningioma
My meningioma is just above and behind my right ear.  Since June I have had ear pain.  Recently I hear what sounds like fetal heartbeats in the ear usually in the morning.  I haven't noticed tinitus but the constant pain is getting on my last nerve.  I see an ENT in mid Dec and my PCP said he would order an early MRI if things progressed.  My M was found in 2006 and I have been watch and wait with annual MRIs since.  Any suggeted tests or questions for the ENT?  
The meningioma maybe the explanation for your new symptoms, since they are in the same ear and they share the same location.
They are very slow process; any new symptoms is a reason to anticipate a surveillance MRI. If the MRI shows progression and there are new symptoms, the strategy should be revised and surgery should be discussed.

I can review your films free of charge if you are interested.

Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Neurologist in your area?