Effect of high prolactin in 73 year oldwith pitutary adenome
I have a pitutary adenome.It has not changed , since being accidentaly diagnosed 10 years ago. . I had my utereus removed 51 years ago and have been taking hormones since then. I am now taking Premarin.My prolactin level increased to 79.9,LH.2, fsh.4,pth 23. I am 73 ,in great shape and do not want to have surgery.So what,  if any, are the negative effects of this high Prolactin? .I exercise 5 days , eat well am thin...
Hi nicky724547

Your prolactin is not extraordinarily high. Long term elevated prolactin can cause osteoporosis. Some people complaint of fatigue and some women can have milk discharge. If you have no symptoms, having a great life and you dont have a large tumor, then I think it is reasonable to observe it.