Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Fear of tumor

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Fear of tumor

So my situation is a tad bit difficult. I have had anxiety for the past 8 months! I am 20 years old and have not enjoyed one bit of my age because I have constantly been thinking that I was going to die of a heart attack! It's been about 2 weeks now where I feel as though I am anxiety free. The thing is that now I have a fear of having a brain tumor. It isn't anxiety though because I don't feel anxious, it is just a concern.
Here are the physical symptoms that I feel:

Head Pressure
Blurred vision (I do wear glasses)
Difficulty thinking (but only when I'm thinking of the possibility of having a tumor)
Shortness of breath (Feel as though I have to breathe deep constantly)

Please help, as I am worried that I will have a brain tumor and when I go to the doctor it'll be too late.

Thank you to all who help! :)
Dear J0928

Those symptoms you describe are very common and most of the time do not correlate with any brain tumor.
You do need a family doctor to talk and examine you in order to rule out other problems and if needed order a brain Ct or MRI.
Right now there is no reason to suffer in anticipation.