Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Hard Bony Lump Over Surgery Site

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Hard Bony Lump Over Surgery Site
I had a hemangioblastoma removed in Oct 08. There is a large bump above the craniotomy site that recently began hurting, even laying on a pillow. Now when I rub the bump, it makes a crackling noise and hurts. I dont believe its an infection, it feels like a bone spur. Any ideas?

Dear Falterturm

I cannot say anything without examining you. Please show it to your neurosurgeon.