Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
LH and FSH Deficiency

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

LH and FSH Deficiency

I have a question, more general than some others posts in this particular forum, but I thought you may have the most expertise to answer my questions.

In regards to LH and FSH Deficiency do these numbers need to be a 0 in order to be a diagnosed deficiency?

My IGF-1 test was 90 ng/mL with ranges of 101-267, GH was 0.8 ng/mL with a range of 0.06-5.00 is this any cause for concern?

I just saw my IT/Endo today and she said IGF-1 would never be treated or explored for a woman of my age (43) and my LH and FSH would need to be 0 to be deficient. I have had amenorrhea for almost 6 months now and 3 months previous to that my. Some recent blood work:

LH is 10.2,
FSH is 8,
Estradiol (pg/mL) 20,
Progesterone (ng/mL) 0.24
Prolactin 4.8 ng/mL

I have lots of other symptoms and test results but do not want to bother you with them here, I am really looking for some guidance on my test result levels above and should they be explored further or believe everything I was just told by my doctor. Who says I have fibromyalgia and suggested maybe I might want to talk to someone professionally.

Thank you
Dear nhmlw

Your numbers show a tendency to hypopituitarism (decreased pituitary function); in the presence of symptoms and amenorrhea for 6 months a pituitary MRI is indicated to rule out pituitary tumor.
Have you done a MRI?
Thank you for your response. I have not yet been able to get an MRI, I am seeing a new doctor who is a neuro endo this coming Friday. I am hoping she will see that I get an MRI.