Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
LH and FSH Deficiency
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

LH and FSH Deficiency

Hello,

I have a question, more general than some others posts in this particular forum, but I thought you may have the most expertise to answer my questions.

In regards to LH and FSH Deficiency do these numbers need to be a 0 in order to be a diagnosed deficiency?

My IGF-1 test was 90 ng/mL with ranges of 101-267, GH was 0.8 ng/mL with a range of 0.06-5.00 is this any cause for concern?

I just saw my IT/Endo today and she said IGF-1 would never be treated or explored for a woman of my age (43) and my LH and FSH would need to be 0 to be deficient. I have had amenorrhea for almost 6 months now and 3 months previous to that my. Some recent blood work:

LH is 10.2,
FSH is 8,
Estradiol (pg/mL) 20,
Progesterone (ng/mL) 0.24
Prolactin 4.8 ng/mL

I have lots of other symptoms and test results but do not want to bother you with them here, I am really looking for some guidance on my test result levels above and should they be explored further or believe everything I was just told by my doctor. Who says I have fibromyalgia and suggested maybe I might want to talk to someone professionally.

Thank you