Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Mri results
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

Mri results

Confused about the results..do I have a tumor or a lesion?....Indication: Pineal Region mass- Findings There is a 20 mm craniocaudal x 18 mm tranverse x17 mm Ap diameter avidly enhancing mass in the pineal region just posterior to the corpus callosum..The lesion is T1 and T2 isointense wiht avid homogeneous enhancement .. Dural tail is demonstrated on all 3 planes ..No other suspicious enhancing mass is identified..

Impression: Avidly enhancing 2 cm mass in the pineal region ...Lesion is extraaxial and demonstrates a dural tail...Characteristics taken together are most consistent with a meningioma..While benign or malignant pineal lesions are possible,these are less likely ..

1382849_tn?1337552730
Dear Rena47.

I will tell you that it is not a straightforward location; however, it is an approachable location and in general possible to do a safe tumor resection.
I will be glad to review your films free of charge if you are willing to send them.
thank you
5 Comments
Blank
Can someone tell me IIf the location of the tumor hard to remove...
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
It does look like you have a lesion on or near your pineal gland. It can be removed using endoscopic skills - so you need to get a surgeon - such as a skull base or pituitary surgeon - who uses those tools.

Blank
Can the  Removal Using the Endoscopic Endonasal Approach..
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
The surgeon will likely determine that after seeing the films.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
233488_tn?1310696703