Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Mri results

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Mri results

Confused about the results..do I have a tumor or a lesion?....Indication: Pineal Region mass- Findings There is a 20 mm craniocaudal x 18 mm tranverse x17 mm Ap diameter avidly enhancing mass in the pineal region just posterior to the corpus callosum..The lesion is T1 and T2 isointense wiht avid homogeneous enhancement .. Dural tail is demonstrated on all 3 planes ..No other suspicious enhancing mass is identified..

Impression: Avidly enhancing 2 cm mass in the pineal region ...Lesion is extraaxial and demonstrates a dural tail...Characteristics taken together are most consistent with a meningioma..While benign or malignant pineal lesions are possible,these are less likely ..

Dear Rena47.

I will tell you that it is not a straightforward location; however, it is an approachable location and in general possible to do a safe tumor resection.
I will be glad to review your films free of charge if you are willing to send them.
thank you
Can someone tell me IIf the location of the tumor hard to remove...
It does look like you have a lesion on or near your pineal gland. It can be removed using endoscopic skills - so you need to get a surgeon - such as a skull base or pituitary surgeon - who uses those tools.

Can the  Removal Using the Endoscopic Endonasal Approach..
The surgeon will likely determine that after seeing the films.