Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
My prolactin levels high, but no symptoms??? HELP Plz
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

My prolactin levels high, but no symptoms??? HELP Plz

Hi;

A month ago I went to the doctor because I finally wanted answers as to why I was not having monthly cycles for a year since I have been off birth control. To begin with, I was given bcp's because of my cycles, and it worked, but only artificially causing the cycles.

So, last month I had a blood draw that revealed that the only thing out of wack was my prolactin levels which are at like 450 ng/mL! Yes, four hundred and fifty. She said that was crazy. But what has stumped her and the obgyn I just visited was that its that high but i have absolutely NO other symptoms of it being an adenoma.

What are your thoughts on this? Also, if I am prescribed something, do I have to take it for the rest of my life, or just until after I have children? I would prefer to figure this out a natural way if possible

Thanks sooooo much :)