Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
My prolactin levels high, but no symptoms??? HELP Plz
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

My prolactin levels high, but no symptoms??? HELP Plz

Hi;

A month ago I went to the doctor because I finally wanted answers as to why I was not having monthly cycles for a year since I have been off birth control. To begin with, I was given bcp's because of my cycles, and it worked, but only artificially causing the cycles.

So, last month I had a blood draw that revealed that the only thing out of wack was my prolactin levels which are at like 450 ng/mL! Yes, four hundred and fifty. She said that was crazy. But what has stumped her and the obgyn I just visited was that its that high but i have absolutely NO other symptoms of it being an adenoma.

What are your thoughts on this? Also, if I am prescribed something, do I have to take it for the rest of my life, or just until after I have children? I would prefer to figure this out a natural way if possible

Thanks sooooo much :)