Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Need urgent help

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Need urgent help

My dad had non small cell lung cancer. The lung was removed in April of this year. It unfortunately spread to his brain. We had an appointment at the hospital today. They have decided not to do anything to treat the cancer because it is a secondary tumour. They are only giving him enough radiation to suppress the symptoms. I asked about chemotherapy and tamoxifin (tamoxifen) in conjunction with the full radiation treatment and was told that they would not offer him it and we would have to go private for it. They led my dad to believe the 5 doses of radiation will control the tumour. My dad Is strong and healthy apart from the tumour and is only 59. Where can I go for help. They are just going to let him die. Need help.
Unfortunately medicine is limited and we don't have the answer or cure for everything.