Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
New headache

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

New headache
Hi everyone,

Just recently I started having small headaches on the back right side of my head. They are pretty much in the middle of the back of my head--not on the top. They are also pretty short-lived. Since getting a massage a few day ago, I've also had a weird tingling/prickling sensation as well that goes around a good part of the back/top right side of my head. Until just recently I've never had headaches. I also occasionally get dizzy, sometimes when I'm just sitting down and not moving (like watching a movie or something). I'm honestly a little afraid it could be a brain tumor of some sort. Tending to be a bit on the paranoid side, I have this fear that my doctor will think whatever is wrong with me isn't a big deal--just stress related--when it's actually something serious. How concerned should I be about this? Do you think I should ask for an MRI prescription, or not necessary? I'm a generally healthy female in early twenties.

Thanks!
Dear Kaych01

Your symptoms are very common and they are most of the time not related to any brain tumor.
You should discuss with your doctor the need/indication for brain imaging.

Thank you