Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
New headache
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

New headache

Hi everyone,

Just recently I started having small headaches on the back right side of my head. They are pretty much in the middle of the back of my head--not on the top. They are also pretty short-lived. Since getting a massage a few day ago, I've also had a weird tingling/prickling sensation as well that goes around a good part of the back/top right side of my head. Until just recently I've never had headaches. I also occasionally get dizzy, sometimes when I'm just sitting down and not moving (like watching a movie or something). I'm honestly a little afraid it could be a brain tumor of some sort. Tending to be a bit on the paranoid side, I have this fear that my doctor will think whatever is wrong with me isn't a big deal--just stress related--when it's actually something serious. How concerned should I be about this? Do you think I should ask for an MRI prescription, or not necessary? I'm a generally healthy female in early twenties.

Thanks!
1382849_tn?1337552730
Dear Kaych01

Your symptoms are very common and they are most of the time not related to any brain tumor.
You should discuss with your doctor the need/indication for brain imaging.

Thank you
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
469720_tn?1388149949
Blank
Abdominal Aortic Aneurysm-treatable... Blank
Oct 04 by Lee Kirksey, MDBlank