Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Please Help Me i have no were else to Turn

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Hello and thank you for taking your time and trying to help me. My name is Travis and Ive been dealing with a problem for quiet some time now. I get these sharp shocks of pain coming from my head. I get the pain all the time multiple times a minute..at some points of the day its better than others. The pain in my head is also triggered when i tap on my jaw with y hands or tap the side of my head. I'm not siting there pounding myself in the jaw and head i just merely tap it and i feel the pain. I have also noticed that sometimes the pain is also triggered when i swallow..or even if im laying down trying to sleep and i move a part of my body slightly like my fingers or arms i feel the quick shock of pain in my head. I have had an MRI of the brain and it didn't show anything alarming. Were do i turn to now?! Wat can be causing these shocks of pain that are so sensitive that even swallowing or tapping my head sets it off?? Please help.....Thank you sincerely
Dear travisturbe

The goal of this forum is not to establish any diagnosis. However, in your situation you should look for a neurologist in order to rule out trigeminal neuralgia.
thank you