Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Please Help!!!!

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Please Help!!!!
Hello my name is Travis. I am 21 years old and have been experiencing very scary symptoms for the past couple years now. Every time i hit a strong bump in the road or do anything that send a vibration through my body up to my head i feel a sharp  pain on the sides of the back of my head. Anything from making a tackle in football or punching a heavy bag or even biting down on a hard piece of candy will trigger the pain that im feeling. I have noticed that if i hit my jaw not even hard even if i merely tap it i feel the pain or if i hit the back sides of my head with my hands i also feel the pain. Its not like im sitting there pounding myself in the jaw and head i don't use a lot of force and it still triggers the pain so i def know its not normal. Also if i jump up and down or jog in place i feel the pain in the back of my head to. It is a very scary feeling because it has effected my life on a day to day basis. Ive been to a neurologist and had an mri of my spine and head done and both came back normal. I don't know were else to turn and it amazes me that even biting down on hard candy can aggravate whatever it is that is bothering me. I must add that while jumping up and down or jogging in place i hear kind of a fluttering sound in my ears at the very same time that i feel the sharp pain in the back of my head. It will come for a split second and then disappear and i continue to jog in place and 5 seconds later the same thing will occur.  I have had my ears looked at and the doctors cant see any sign of fluid. I am currently waiting the results of an MRI of the temporal bone in my ear. Its a very scary and frustrating thing that i am going through and any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thank you so much sincerely Travis
I am happy to hear your MRI is normal based on your other message.
You do need to talk to your neurologist in order to reach a diagnosis and to initiate treatment.