Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Seeking for an Expert in Neurosurgical

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Seeking for an Expert in Neurosurgical
I am a 26 years old patient who is being diagnosed with a large meningioma tumor identified anterior to the cervicomedullary junction at the C1-C2 level.  It is intradural/extra-medullary measuring approximately 3.2 cm superior to inferior x 2.2 cm transverse.
Based on the radiologist comment, this needs an urgent neurosurgical evaluation. It needs a complex surgery on my spinal and brain stem. I have consulted some of the neurosurgeons in my country, Canada, and they have refused to accept me and perform the surgery on this tumor.

Is anybody aware of a doctor who is expert in the surgery of this tumor in Canada or other countries? Your help is highly appreciated.
Dear Egrojian,

I am specialized in this kind of tumor. If you could send the films, I could revise them for you free of charge and evaluate the possibility of Endoscopic Endonasal Approach for resection of it.
I am located in Columbus, Ohio.

Daniel Prevedello, MD
410 W. 10th avenue
N-1049 Doan Hall
The Wexner Medical Center- The Ohio State University
Columbus, OH
43210
Try Md anderson in Houston Tx
Than you very much for the response
Dear Dr. Prevedello,

Thank you very much for your message and your kindness and intention in helping me.

I have shared a Dropbox link with your email at prevedello.***@**** which takes you to all images of my MRI. Please let me know if you want me to send you the MRI cd as well.

I have seen a Dr.  here in Canada and he told me the surgery is very risky and I may get strike during the operation or get paralyzed after surgery and may need to be fed by tube for rest of my life.

I would be deeply grateful for any help which you could do with this disease.

Kind Regards,
Ehsan Gorjian
Thank you.