Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Skull injury

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Skull injury

My wife is chronic alcoholic - sometime within the last two days she fell backwards someplace in our house and hit the base of her skull hard enough to cause swelling at the base and a hematoma the size of a silver dollar -- I became aware of this roughly 24 hrs ago when she complained about not being able to lay on her back because her head hurt there.

She hasn't had any headaches, is speaking ok - but has a bad case of the DT's-- she has no drainage from her nose, eyes or ears --

How concerned should I be ?
Tags: skull
Why have you not taken her to the emergency room?
If the injury from the fall isnt enough to take her into the ER than maybe going thru DT's will be.  DT's can be very dangerous.  This woman needs to be seen by a doctor ASAP and they need to know exactly what is going on with her.  Please get her in.......