Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Temporal Lobe Pressure-Pain

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Temporal Lobe Pressure-Pain

Hi Doctor,

I am a 22 year old female. For the past 3 weeks I have been experiencing a pressure pain in the area above my right ear (temporal lobe) every time I swallow. The pain lasts for the duration of the swallow. Sometimes when I swallow, I feel the pain in the region behind my ear, towards the base of my hairline (I'm thinking this is where the occipital lobe is located).
The pain is unilateral. I have no one sided weakness or any other neurological conditions. I also have an on-off pressure in my ear. I have been to doctors, but so far I have no conclusive diagnosis. ((((I know it is not an ear infection))) Do my symptoms sound like a temporal lobe tumor or an acoustic neuroma, or any tumor in general???

Please let me know. Thank you in advance.
I could be but it very unlikely.
Imaging is required to rule out.