Tumor on my brain stem & temporal lobe epilepsy
Hi i am 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant. My neurologist suggested to my Ob that I have a C section due to my brain tumor and my seizures. What do you think? Is that really necessary? Also I take 1,50mg 2 times a day of Keppra for my seizures should I stop taking it? HELP!!
Dear MrsReither,

I don't know what type of brainstem tumor you have. But the decision to avoid "pushing" (valsalva maneuver) by avoiding normal delievery, seems to be very reasonable for me.

Hope you are doing well.  No regarding your pregnancy, but did take Keppra for seizures caused by Temporal lobe tumor pre and post surgery.  Side effects were a bit bizarre, including depression/temper tantrums that could be more challenging with your pregnancy.  Hope you are doing well.
Doctor Ratings & Reviews
Who are the top-rated Neurologist in your area?