Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Tumor on my brain stem & temporal lobe epilepsy
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Tumor on my brain stem & temporal lobe epilepsy

Hi i am 9 weeks and 5 days pregnant. My neurologist suggested to my Ob that I have a C section due to my brain tumor and my seizures. What do you think? Is that really necessary? Also I take 1,50mg 2 times a day of Keppra for my seizures should I stop taking it? HELP!!
1382849_tn?1337552730
Dear MrsReither,

I don't know what type of brainstem tumor you have. But the decision to avoid "pushing" (valsalva maneuver) by avoiding normal delievery, seems to be very reasonable for me.
2 Comments
Blank

Hope you are doing well.  No regarding your pregnancy, but did take Keppra for seizures caused by Temporal lobe tumor pre and post surgery.  Side effects were a bit bizarre, including depression/temper tantrums that could be more challenging with your pregnancy.  Hope you are doing well.
Blank
This Forum's Experts
1382849_tn?1337552730
Daniel M Prevedello, MDBlank
The Ohio State University Medical Center
Columbus , OH
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity