Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
Tumor removal complications

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Tumor removal complications

Sorry I did not know which board to put this on.
My partner has just had an operation to remove a stage 2 tumor from his left side frontal lobe. Although he has had this surgery twice before without complication, this one was different. He is currently 2 days post-op and cannot move his right leg at all, very minimal movement in his right arm (can squeeze fingers but not move joints). He says he can feel normally when touched. The doctors are all saying different things. I want to know if it is likely he will recover fully? Also apart from the normal physio/ OT is there anything else that can help such as hypnotherapy etc. Is this common? Will he be ok?
Dear tic_12345

The best way to define the prognosis after neurological deficits after surgery is by performing a brain MRI and investigating the diffusion sequence. The diffusion sequence of the MRI will give the information if there was infarct, edema or the deficit is just a result of manipulation of the brain tissue.