Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
What does a clival lesion mean?

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

What does a clival lesion mean?
My mom got results from an MRI she had on Friday and apparently it indicated that she had a "clival lesion". What does this mean? What are some of the symptoms one would expect if they had a clival lesion? Are there any illnesses /diseases that are associated with them?

Thanks for the information.
Dear Amanda

Clivus is a portion of the skull base bone. There are some diseases that can affect this area. These processes can vary from very benign to malignant diseases. If you would like, I could review her films free of charge. Since I am specialized in the treatment of these diseases, I can call back with my impression.