Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
bain scan

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

bain scan

i have only just come home from hospital after a week of test. i have been having verybad headaches feeing like my head was being caved in, i had a ct scan on monday witch showed a black spot on the back of my brain, on tuesday i had a lumber punch but the resluts were no good as it was contamited with blood . I thanhad another lumber punch on wednesday those results were inconcluse than i had a mri scan on friday the findings were CHRONIC INFARCT IN THE WHITE MATTER ADJACENT TO THE LEFT TRIGONE IT ALSO SAY MOST LIKELY A RESULT OF PERINATAL VASCUAL INSULT. I dont realy understand what this means could you please help
Dear Jenniekim

I am not seeing your MRI, so I cannot express my personal opinion.

CHRONIC INFARCT IN THE WHITE MATTER ADJACENT TO THE LEFT TRIGONE IT ALSO SAY MOST LIKELY A RESULT OF PERINATAL VASCUAL INSULT.

What this means is there is some area around your ventricles (deep in the brain) that suffered lack of blood supply during the time of birth.

Again: This is not my opinion, but what the report means.

thanks