Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
bialateral subdural heamatoma

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

bialateral subdural heamatoma

my granfather was taken to hospital 3 weeks ago they thought he had had a stoke they found bialateral subdural heamatoma he has had them drained and is in recovery he was totaly lucid but now is rarely awake and rarely lucid he has also stuggling to move his left arm and leg but his left eye is weeping and drooping and the left side of his mouth is drooping more so when is sleeping but they say he did not have a stroke is this normal and i know that his recovery will not be quick and will have good and bad days but should it have gone down so much he has  had another CT scan and it was clear of blood apart from a few spots of old blood
Dear Ghostgirl01

It is hard for me to say anything without seeing your grandfather. However, I can say that in general patients do well after drainage of bilateral subdural hematomas. If the current cts do not show any persistent  mass effect, then something else may be happening and should be investigated. The way to know if the patient had strokes is by performing an MRI.