Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
headache

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

headache

Hi I am 18 years old and for the past week I have been having the same headache on one spot. Is around my left eye and everytime I look to the left my eye hurts and around that area. When I was 13 I had a MRI done I had a tumor but it wasn't malingnant I was supoose to go to the doctor as I got older to get it checked but never did. Could this be just a migrane (migraine)? Or  maybe that I need glasses?
Dear Kassie

Rumpled is correct. There are some benign tumors of the orbit that can grow and cause compression of occular structures.
Please see your ophthalmologist and he or she will most likely order some type of imaging modality to evaluate the area.

Thank you
I would go see a doctor ASAP just to make sure.

Even though a lesion is benign does not always mean it has no effect - it can grow and have mass effect (push on other structures or wrap around other things) and some may secrete hormones.

You may need glasses - but pain is a signal. Go get it checked out. It can be a migraine as well - but another MRI would be a good idea. Make sure you get a copy of the report (and a copy of the MRI on CD is also a good idea). If you can, get a copy of the previous report.