Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
mengioma tumor-skull base

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

mengioma tumor-skull base
Hello Doctor,
I had a mengioma removed in April 2012. In July of 2012 I had compliations in regard to the plate or screws that were used to support the mesh. Here it is april of 2013 and I am having the same problem. When you touch my scalp you feel something moving inside. The pain is bad and persistent. I had this pain for 4 weeks now.  I am scheduled for surgery  in 2 weeks. The neurosurgeon is going to remove the screws and maybe put cement. He thinks I might be senesitive to the screws.

I would appreciate your opinion on this matter.

Thank you
LULU
Thank you Lulu,

It is very rare that people have problems with the screws, but I agree with the plan. If they are moving and causing problems it is better to use another strategy.