Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
microprolactinoma- I feel bad all the time

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

I have a micro prolactinoma (less then 0.5 cm) and I'm currently not taking Cabergoline because I can't tolerate the side effects. My prolactin level is 57 ( 4-30) and I have still quite regular period ( I'm 47). My endo told last time that I may have a hypopituitarism. I have low normal cortisol, very high DHEAS, low estrogen, low normal fT3 and fT4 and my growth hormone is too low. My main symptoms are all the time- anxiety, fatigue, insomnia, muscle weakness and pains, dizziness, weight loss, brain fog,  I can't make no sports, because I feel too fatigued after it. I also had very low libido which is better now, since I'm using bio identical estrogen gel. I also have low ferritin, 20 ( 20-220) and hemoglobin in the lowest norm range, although I'm taking good iron pills and eating healthy.
My endo don't have the answer why I feel so bad, he suggested an antidepressant. But I know that my problems aren't only mental, I feel that in my body something is wrong and not o.k.
Is it so, that a pituitary disorder is causing such symptoms? Or maybe I need growth hormones? Or is it because of increased prolactin levels? But on Cabergoline I felt even worse, it makes me depressed, even more fatigued and I could stay in bed all the day after the pill, so I don't want to restart it again.
Any advice?
Thank you!
Dear Conderella64

Your level of prolactin is not high enough for the diagnosis of a prolactinoma.
It maybe caused by what we call stalk effect. It could be generated by a small cyst in the gland. This cysts can damage the gland as they expand.
If you want I can review your MRI free of charge and give you my opinion.
Dear Doc,
thank you for your answer! One year ago you have already reviewed my MRI from 2009 and I indeed have a micro prolactinoma. This week I had another MRI, because my endo wants to be sure that the prolactinoma isn't growing, due to the worsening of my symptoms. I would like to show you the MRI when I get the results, to see if there is something happening on my pit. Or it is possible that the hypopituitarism is causing the symptpms, not the prolactinoma itself?
Thank you!
Absolutely, Please send me your MRI and data when you can:

Daniel M. Prevedello
N-1011 Doan Hall
410 W. 10th avenue,
The Wexner Medical Center at OSU
Columbus, OH
43210

Thank you