Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
pititary timur and optic nerve

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

pititary timur and optic nerve
Hi, I am suppost to have surgery soon.I am waiting for U.C.S.D to call me back,in the meantime my endo told me the tumor is pressing on optic nerve.does that mean i can go blind overnight.? i am worried.
Very unlikely. People can have visual changes with pituitary adenomas, but that usually it takes a long time to happen. Very rarelly people with pituitary adenomas can have a tumor stroke, what we call as "apoplexy" and vision can deteriorate fast. But it is rare.