Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
please help

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

please help

Hello, My name is Travis, im 21 years old and have been experiencing some odd things. For the past couple years Ive had a problem were i get a sharp pain in my head whenever i make hard physical contact with something. For example if im driving and hit a bump in the road i feel the pain in my head. The pain also shows when i punch a punching bag or make a tackle during a football game. Also im not sure if the two are related but when ever i jog in place or jump up and down or on a trampoline i frequently get the same sharp pain in my head but i also hear a sound in my ears at the same time...almost sounds and feels like my brain is bouncing around in my head. I have had an MRI and  CT scan but my neurologist said everything looked normal and said that a muscle that swells is pushing up against a nerve. Im not sure tho any suggestions??? Thank you
Dear Travis,

The fact you have normal MRI and head CT is great. What I believe your neurologist is explaining is the origin for some types of headaches. You should clarify with him.
As an example there is one type of headache called occipital neuralgia that can be generated by occipital nerve compression around the muscle fibers.

I hope this helps,

thank you for your reply! Do you think theres any chance of intracranial pressure? I know my mri and ct scan came back normal but something says i need to have my pressure inside my head checked.
Dear Turbay

Please discuss with your neurologist. The way to check the intracranial pressure is through a spinal tap.