Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
poratid gland tumor

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

poratid gland tumor
I had surgery in Dec 2010 for a poratid gland tumor. I was told I would have numbness on the bottom half of my ear and some of my face. Since the surgery, I have experienced alot of tenderness of my whole ear (the dr cut through my ear instead of in front of my ear), when you touch the bottom of my ear, it shoots a pain into the side of my face like im being stung with a gum band, and the whole side of my head behind my ear is tender to the touch. Also, my ear drains continually, running outside of my ear and has caused it to become very dried and irritated. When I have talked to my dr about this he said it was healing. I think after 4 months, this should be heald. My ears also pulsates, and becomes hot or cold. I cannot sleep on my right side at all. I have a very high pain tolerance and this is very intolerable to go on all day. Is this normal to be happening with this type of surgery?
Dear Margaret39,
I am a neurosurgeon, so I have no experience in parotid surgery. You must discuss with the surgeon that operated on you.
Hi hw r u?was surgery the only option?