Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
possible hypopituitarism?
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
This expert forum is not accepting new questions. Please post your question in one of our medical support communities.
Blank Blank

possible hypopituitarism?

I'm 44 and have had low female hormones since I was a teenager. I've never had regular periods and am now very hypothyroid and have adrenal issues. I've had 2 MRI's, both didn't show a tumor, but showed my pituitary gland was concave. So my doc thinks because it's abnormally shaped it's causing the problem. I have the CD. Would you be able to look at the scans? I just really believe there's a problem with my pituitary gland that either can't be seen or has been missed. I keep trying to replace the hormones, but still feel bad and my levels aren't rising very fast.
Related Discussions
3 Comments
Blank
I have also had this band of pressure across my forehead for years. It's not a headache, just pressure like a tight rubber band, and very bad brain fog. Could this be from my pituitary? I also have osteoporosis. I was diagnosed at 35. My growth hormone levels are also on the low end of the range.
Blank
Have you had a head injury?? very important it does not go overlooked ..especially Pituatory ,and by age.. go with your gut and insist on seeing an Endroncologist...If there has been an injury to the head ONLY DEAL WITH PEOPLE WHO SPECIALIZE IN IT..Best of luck to you
Blank
No, I've never had a head injury. I was a breached birth and have read this can cause pituitary damage.

I've seen 5 endocrinologists and they barely knew how to deal with thyroid let alone pituitary. They only looked at my TSH and made me worse until they gave up on me because they didn't know what else to do. Endos seem to be better at treating diabetes than thyroid.

I have found an endo who specializes in pituitary disorders but she needs a doctor referral and doesn't have appts until March, so I'm working on that.
Blank
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity
242532_tn?1269553979
Blank
Emotional Eating Control: How to St...
Aug 28 by Roger Gould, M.D.Blank
233488_tn?1310696703