Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
pseudotumor cerebri

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

pseudotumor cerebri

I'm a female of 27 years old Hispanic. I have pcos and I just find out the I have  Pseudotumor cerebri the way I find out about the pcos becuase because I when to my doctor and I  have a lot of hair in my face and body where only a man should have and don't get my period  like 10 years ago and about the  Pseudotumor cerebri I when to the eyes doctor to get my glasses and the doctore send me to the hospital at first they tough that I had meningitis I got a spinal tap but after that I can't walk fast get mad or even pick up any heavy becuase I get electrical shock in my back arm and neck.  I tell . Neurologist and she tell me that he don't know why. CAN SOMEONE HELP ME DON'T KNOW WHAT TO DO!!!! :'(
Dear Yiraini01

I agree with Rumpled, you should consult a neurologist and or a neurosurgeon in order to initiate medical treatment and to discuss the possibility for shunt procedures.

Information for you before the doctor responds:
"Treatment is aimed at the cause of the pseudotumor.

A lumbar puncture can help relieve pressure in the brain and prevent vision problems.

Other treatments may include:

Fluid or salt restriction

Medications such as corticosteroids, acetazolamide, and furosemide

Shunting procedures to relieve pressure from spinal fluid buildup

Surgery to relieve pressure on the optic nerve

Weight loss

Patients will need to have their vision closely monitored. There can be vision loss, which is sometimes permanent. Follow-up MRI or CT scans may be done to rule out hidden cancer."

The cause is sometimes unknown - but they will have to figure out a treatment so reduce risk to your optic nerve, if any.