Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
pulsatile tinnitus d/t chiari?

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

pulsatile tinnitus d/t chiari?

I have been having neck and shoulder pain for months, actually years. I was having whole arm numbness, weakness, and pain.  MRI  reveal a chiari malformation, which I was told was "No big deal" I have since started having a pulse in my head. It started when I stood up fast. Now it is 24/7 - nonstop.  There are times it makes me dizzy and nauseated. Other days I'm ok. Can this pulse be from the CM? MRI/MRA of brain were neg other than CM 6 mm.
Dear Brokenbon,

It is very hard for us to say for sure. However, the symptoms you describe are commonly described by patient with CM. So, the answer is that it could be related but no one will be able to tell for sure.