Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
searching
About This Forum:

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

searching

I am currently 50 yrs old a female, I had a seizure several years ago, they found a small tumor on my pituitary and said keep an eye on it. Okay speed ahead. Nothing happens expect I lose weight and my life falls apart. ha ha.. approximately 6 months ago I developed a sinus infection that I ended up having surgery for to get rid of. Headaches the whole thing.The headache never disappeared. I still suffer and I am taking topomax (topamax) at 100 mg. now ears ringing nausea lightheaded,dizzy fatigue weepy. I am beginning to thin the tumor is acting up even tho it has not grown to measure. I am at the end of my rope please help! I am posting this in different sections hoping to get as many vies and answers as possible. I need to be totally informed when I see my Dr. on Monday.. Thank you
1382849_tn?1337552730
Dear Martinosdarlin,

I agree with  Rumpled 100%. You need to make sure this pituitary tumor is not making or changing your hormonal physiology. You should see a neuro-endocrinologist.

thanks

3 Comments
Blank
657231_tn?1390151580
I thought I answered this... maybe the response got lost...
I would find a pituitary center and a neuro-endo. Even if a tumor is small - the size is not the factor but the hormones so while the MRI says a limited amount - the real tests are the labs - so you need a doctor that knows what they are doing so that they can determine the type of lesion.

Treatment can thus be determined on type of lesion.
Blank
4210748_tn?1351279714
yes you did thank you... Just still researching getting all the information I can so I can go informed when I see my nuero on Monday. THANK YOU!!
Blank
This Forum's Experts
1382849_tn?1337552730
Daniel M Prevedello, MDBlank
The Ohio State University Medical Center
Columbus , OH
MedHelp Health Answers
Blank
Weight Tracker
Weight Tracker
Start Tracking Now
RSS Expert Activity