Brain, Pituitary and Skull Base Tumor Forum Expert Forum
searching

This forum is for questions, discussions and support relating to brain tumors, pituitary tumors and skull base tumors. Topics include but are not limited to the following: Causes, Chemotherapy, Clinical Trials, Diagnosis, Genetic Factors, Quality of Life, Radiation Therapy, Research, Risk Factors, Surgery, Symptoms and Treatments.

searching
I am currently 50 yrs old a female, I had a seizure several years ago, they found a small tumor on my pituitary and said keep an eye on it. Okay speed ahead. Nothing happens expect I lose weight and my life falls apart. ha ha.. approximately 6 months ago I developed a sinus infection that I ended up having surgery for to get rid of. Headaches the whole thing.The headache never disappeared. I still suffer and I am taking topomax at 100 mg. now ears ringing nausea lightheaded,dizzy fatigue weepy. I am beginning to thin the tumor is acting up even tho it has not grown to measure. I am at the end of my rope please help! I am posting this in different sections hoping to get as many vies and answers as possible. I need to be totally informed when I see my Dr. on Monday.. Thank you
Dear Martinosdarlin,

I agree with  Rumpled 100%. You need to make sure this pituitary tumor is not making or changing your hormonal physiology. You should see a neuro-endocrinologist.

thanks

I thought I answered this... maybe the response got lost...
I would find a pituitary center and a neuro-endo. Even if a tumor is small - the size is not the factor but the hormones so while the MRI says a limited amount - the real tests are the labs - so you need a doctor that knows what they are doing so that they can determine the type of lesion.

Treatment can thus be determined on type of lesion.
yes you did thank you... Just still researching getting all the information I can so I can go informed when I see my nuero on Monday. THANK YOU!!