Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
1 year after dissecting carotid aneurysm- headaches/aneamia is it relat...

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

1 year after dissecting carotid aneurysm- headaches/aneamia is it related?

Hi everyone, could use some advice please? Last year I had a brain aneurysm and stroke. Things seem to be going ok but recently I had a nose bleed which would not stop. Im not on warfarin anymore (stopped at least 6 months ago) but the nosebleed lasted 9 days. After ending up in the emergency they said my blood wasnt clotting as it should (INR 21?) RBC was around 9.2 at that point. The nosebleed stopped and has been stopped about a week and yet my blood count has gone down further (7.2) today and this approx a week after the bleeding has stopped? I have sever headache, lack of energy and getting very out breath but my BP wasnt that bad apparently. I have to go back to docs in the morning for another blood test and he mentioned maybe starting on iron supplements? Would normal iron supp help this or should they transfuse? and how soon will I feel better? Dont really know the cause of the crazy blood results though? Any ideas, suggestions info, anything would be appreciated. PS I am a female of 42, not overweight and otherwise live a reasonably heaLTHY LIfestyle. Thanks in advance and best wishes. Cat