Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
Am I Having A Brain Hemorrhage?

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Am I Having A Brain Hemorrhage?

I've been having mild to moderate headaches about 3-5 times a week for the past month and a half or so. They do not get worse with straining or laying down. Also about 3-4 weeks ago I began having trouble focusing on reading smaller words. It should be noted I stare at a computer screen more than 7 hours a day. Otherwise I've had no other symptoms. I was diagnosed with low platelets (don't lecture me about how its dangerous, I already know) about a year ago and haven't been to the doctor since so they've been untreated, which I've heard this can lead to a brain bleed. I've had nosebleeds probably from thrombocytopenia in the past but over the past 5-7 months I've ate better and had no nosebleeds. Also when I accidentally cut myself a few times I did not bleed more than the average person. Please don't answer with "Go to the doctor" because I've already made an appointment, I'm just trying to figure out if I should go to the emergency room immediately. So my main question is could my brain bleed for 2-4 weeks and be largely asymptomatic other than mild to moderate headaches? And if so how long before an untreated brain bleed kills you?
The following is from the brain aneruysm foundation.  If you think any of the following applies follow their advice www.bafound.org has more information:
Any individual experiencing some or all of the following symptoms, regardless of age, should undergo immediate and careful evaluation by a physician.

•Localized Headache
•Dilated pupils
•Blurred or double vision
•Pain above and behind eye
•Weakness and numbness
•Difficulty speaking
Ruptured brain aneurysms usually result in a subarachnoid hemorrhage (SAH), which is defined as bleeding into the subarachnoid space. When blood escapes into the space around the brain, it can cause sudden symptoms.

Seek Medical Attention Immediately If You Are Experiencing Some Or All Of These Symptoms:

•Sudden severe headache, the worst headache of your life
•Loss of consciousness
•Nausea/Vomiting
•Stiff Neck
•Sudden blurred or double vision
•Sudden pain above/behind the eye or difficulty seeing
•Sudden change in mental status/awareness
•Sudden trouble walking or dizziness
•Sudden weakness and numbness
•Sensitivity to light (photophobia)
•Seizure
•Drooping eyelid