Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
Aneurysm and cold / flu

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Aneurysm and cold / flu

my mom had 2 aneurysms clipped in august of 2011, she came out of it very good. In january of this year she fell and injured her head, a new blood vessle burst. She had another surgery and came out of that one well too. Thank god! Due to the cold weather, we have a cold / flu going around. Her and my brother got it and I seem to slowly but surely get it too. Is there anything we should be concerned with her having had brain surgery and a common cold? Like will it do anything to her brain? She's not lethargic but does sleep a lot, when she isn't sleeping she does normal stuff but I'm still wigged out about the whole surgery thing.