Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
Anyone else

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Anyone else

In Aug of 2009 I had open cranial brain surgery to clip two aneurysms. One behind each eye on my carotid artery. After 6 hrs of surgery, only one was repaired. Due to the location and size of the second one, they decided to leave it in there. It is a lil over 3 mm and is located behind my right eye. I feel blessed to still be here to raise my Children and I want to do more to raise the awareness of this silent killer. I want to meet others who know the ups and downs that come with the diagnosis and the healing process after repair. I have recently weened myself off of all my neurological meds. Even when I was on them I had pain in my head and eyes. I know I have nerve damage in my head and upper face area. Will the pain always be there or does it subside? I keep hoping that normalcy will return.  
Angie,
What type of nerve pain do you mean?  Is it aling your scar line?  Do you know what type of closures were used to hold the bone flap in place?

You should be careful about weening off the meds.  Some are necessary to prevent seizures.  Your Doctor can help you with this.  There are two other sites called that have and help suvivors deal with issues surrounding after effects of aneryusm surgery.   1) is the Brain Aneruysm Foundation, look under its forums section.  Aneruysm support is another site where you can find suvivors.  Do keep us posted here about the questions above.
HELLO HONEY
    ME TOO!!!!! Mine sub-araknoid hemmorage was on 1-27-05...I felt it and WOW!!! Anyway it was located at the pca, third nerve at the brain stem...The 28th I was wheeled in for surgery.....13 hours of a craineotomy(spelling)....two aneurysms were also found, one on the left side right where ...the Right side had the rupture, and in back of my right eye on the internal caratoid artery an aneurysm the size of a quarter and it took 2 clips since it was so big....I have good days and then better days.....I AM STILL ALIVE....My prognosis was a 2% chance of living and if I did I would be 1/2 paralized and or blind in both eyes!!!!!!  And by the way, a helicoptor took me 65 miles in the middle of the night in a blizzard so that I could have that 13 hour surgery!!!!!!  Eddie is right about messing with the meds to much...are you on seizure drugs, bp drugs...and just so you know....I am 6 years out and the pain thing in my case was blood pressure and I had never had it prior...Watch what you eat, that can be a trigger...lets keep in touch because as you know ,,,,,WE ARE ONE OF A KIND...and where were you cut and how big and where did you have it done and CONGRADULATIONS!!!!!!    Have a Wonderful Blessed Day!!!!!     GOD BLESS!!!!!!       loimmarmar
Hi loimmarmarm,

Are you having headaches or migraines post surgery?  It would be helpful for me and my wife to know.  We have a theory about why this headache pain occurs and the Doctor's agree that our assumptions might indeed be right.  Your answer will help us as we compile suvivors comments.  By the way, were you taken to Univ of Pennsylvania or Jefferson?
    I have had headaches and migrains both post surgery but in my case I also had headaches for years prior and not because of anything other the Fibromyalgia...I have shown symptoms of that for 25 years due to pelvic bone seperation during delivery of fourth daughter and apparently it did not go back together properly and apparently that activated either a brain and or genetic pre-disposition for the fibro to activate....Besides the post surgery migrains were something unusual....I would get up to 300 a day....Drop me to my knees, sudden BURSTS of PAIN......These were in a way, worse than the pain of the sub-arakanoid hemmorage which by the way.....I FELT IT EXPLODE!!! However these pains were just as intense but there were no metal shavings going through the whole head as in the hemmorage but this pain was so intense, I at times just crumbled to the floor in pain.....up to 300 a day.....I SAID NO!!!  GIVE me pills.......it turned out that I was put on inderal 60 mg...2 x's daily and given   IMMATREX.......THAT SUCKED, the pain went to whole body,   neuro said allergic reaction....Said I was having petite gran maul seisures..(spelling, the brain freezes sometimes),   and given ....Frova 2.5 mg for times of extreem pain but after a week the bp meds worked and now 5 years later I still show signs of high bp but usually there is a pretty big difference between that of L. arm....R. arm
    I was in Monroe Wi at my daughters home and flown in the middle of the night by helicopter to the University of Wisconson and Dr. Iskandar was the one who performed the 13 hour craneotomy....OKAY EDDIE AND YOUR WIFE........wow...I could sit here and hunt and peck for hours when it comes to this subject....I HAD A 2 % chance of living, and if I lived I would be 1/2 paralized and or blind in both eyes.....wwwhhoooo...Please allow me to help you in your quest...
   I have a website that tells what led me here.., however I may not post it right here but I can post backstage...I do not sell anything...This is to HELP the world, it is what I am here for..I will post...You decide if you are going to go read it....Have a wonderful Blessed Day!!!!    GOD BLESS!!!!     loimmarmar