Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
Brai atrophy and frontal lobe dementia

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Brai atrophy and frontal lobe dementia

My husband, 61, has end-stage congestive heart failure (ejection fraction 12). He has also been diagnosed with brain atrophy (and resulting increase in the fluid in the brain), described in his medical reports as "prominent frontal lobe atrophy", apparently caused by insufficient blood supply to the brain. My question is: Does frontal lobe atrophy result in frontal lobe dementia, and how fast is the progression of this disease? It seems obvious to me that he has already developed mild dementia, he is forgetful and and sometimes have problems following a normal conversation. What can I expect in this situation?