Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
Brain Injuries

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Brain Injuries

My nephew was in a accident. They did not do a brain scan and almost one year later he started to change. My sister took him for a brain scan and they said he has " mild atrophic changes of the left antero-basal temporal fossa /  Mild parenchymal anterior atrophic changes of the left temporal. The doctor told her they can do nothing. Is this true and if not what can be done. He is 23 years old.
It is clear that your nephew has what is called a traumatic brain injury or TBI.  A consult with a Neuropsychologist which would be arranged through a Neurologist, would be helpful for him.  Together they could provide a plan to help your Nephew with long range planning.  Let me also suggest that you consider reading recent news accounts that are occurring with respect to National Football Players in which medical science is finding a large number of players having secondary symptoms as a result of TBI's.  This may help you keep current on treatments plans which may be evolving.
Good luck and God Bless!