Frontal brain lobe question
My maternal grandmother, uncle, and great grandfather all had cerebral aneurysms. My doctor advised  me to have an MRI done since you are born with cerebral aneurysms. I had one done, and there were no cerebral aneurysms. However, the doctor told me the MRI showed the frontal lobe of my brain was smaller than normal. I was so stunned I didn't know what to say. I couldn't think, and the doctor didn't seem very comfortable about telling me this information. I left the office without asking a single question. Now I am afraid to ask what this means to me. What does it mean if the frontal lobe is smaller than normal? What are the long term implications? My maternal grandfather has Parkinsons. Is there a connection?
Thank you!
Hi there. Frontal lobe volume is smaller in persons with attention deficit hyperactivity disorder. There have been studies proving that brain regions involved in self-regulation show difference with those of controls. Smaller frontal lobe white matter volumes are also seen in depressed adolescents. Frontal lobes are involved in motor function, problem solving, memory, language, social and sexual behavior and are very vulnerable to injury. The left lobe deals with language related motion and right with non-verbal abilities. Take care.