Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
Frontal brain lobe question
About This Community:

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Font Size:
A
A
A
Background:
Blank
Blank
Blank
Blank Blank

Frontal brain lobe question

My maternal grandmother, uncle, and great grandfather all had cerebral aneurysms. My doctor advised  me to have an MRI done since you are born with cerebral aneurysms. I had one done, and there were no cerebral aneurysms. However, the doctor told me the MRI showed the frontal lobe of my brain was smaller than normal. I was so stunned I didn't know what to say. I couldn't think, and the doctor didn't seem very comfortable about telling me this information. I left the office without asking a single question. Now I am afraid to ask what this means to me. What does it mean if the frontal lobe is smaller than normal? What are the long term implications? My maternal grandfather has Parkinsons. Is there a connection?
Thank you!