Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
In NEED of an answer

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

In NEED of an answer

3 weeks ago, i was lifting weights on a leg press machine. THe machine is very supportive and there no way this injury of mine was a kink or anything like that due to me being in wrong position. SO anways, I was pushing myself to my limit and i did the final rep when i had this pain shoot through the back of my head. It was a bearable pain but I was certain something wasnt right. I stopped working out and took it easy for the rest of the day, UNtil later that night i armwrestled a friend, and the pain gradually built up as i struggled to finish the arm wrestle. So for the rest of the night I had this headache feeling but not your usual headache. FOr about 3 days after that, I had a constant headache which would worsen when i did anything active, even so much as getting out of a chair would raise the pain level.I went to the doctors and he thoguh it was post concussion injury, BUt i never really got hit in football or anywhere, which i would even consider having a concussion in the first place. so basically for the last 2 weeks ive been trying to recover, i went a week without doing anything more active than walking. but when i went to do a light workout, this time doing deadlifts(half the usual weight) and after a few reps I felt the pain again, but it only last a few seconds  so i stopped. A week later(yesterday) i felt the same feeling in my head which didnt last long either, but that night i was just lifting a few chairs in a stack (maybe 20lbs) and heard/felt what sounded like either a tearing or a fluid rushing for aobut a second in the back of my head, in the problem spot. I didnt allow myself to think to much of it, but when i got home that night(30mins after hearing sound) It felt as though there was pressure slowly building in my head. I  actually started to worry which isnt really like me, Anyways The pressure seemed to go away as i stopped thinknig so much about it. I havent been back to the doctors since i heard this sound, fearing my dad wont beleive but i know i felt it theres no doubt in my mind. I am booked for a CT scan of my head in december , but i really think it should be more urgent. I need a doctor to tell me something so i can bring it up to my dad and also my doctor and actually have some good info to give. THank you very much to whoever responds It would help me greatly.
It does sound like your condition or injury is related to when you lift, push or put any pressure on your shoulder and neck area.
Since lifting weights with your legs does cause your back to build up pressure, even if you don't feel like it while doing that type of excercise, you are putting pressure (even though it is distributed) on your neck, stomach and back  to force the legs forward.  

IF your headache worsens while doing anything like being on the computer, lying down (pressure in your head can get worse while lying down),  jogging, or any other activity --(sounds like you are body building and working out and having fun with friends arm-wrestling) you are probably aggravating the injury.  

Tell your doctor - if you have your dad make the calls to your doctor - tell your dad to mention to your doctor that you are in extreme pain with any activity.  You are very worried and you don't feel comfortable waiting.   The longer you wait for a diagnosis, the longer the recovery period.  
Maybe they can bump up the time to this coming week or something, based on the fact that you are in pain with any activity.
The doctor may have not realized that you cannot do everyday activities without being in pain ( and for you, every day activities seem to be taking care of yourself with excercise and working out)
He may just say to stop all that until the December Cat Scan..... but if you are not vocal with your pain and concerns, they will just think it can wait.   So you have to say any activity,  Reading, siting at computers, etc...

If my son or daughter came to me and told me they can't do anything without causing themselves extreme pain, I would be on the phone and insisting the test be moved up.

Hang in there, it does sound like your pulled or ruptured something,

Let me know,

Carol (mom of three children all around your age)
THanks for the reply. I am in a very tolerable amountof pain, and like right now, siting at the computer is doesnt bother me, but when i workout it will start to act up, or say if i ran a sprint. Anyways your help is appreciated, I am going to be more vocal aobut my injury to my parents so they will realize i think its alittle more serious than once thought
THank you
JAred
Dear Jared,

Good, you should always know how to speak up for yourself. You are the first line of defense for your own health and safety!!  
Just as you know how to say no to kids at school who are about to do something stupid, you have to learn to say when you are in need of help from others (especially doctors and parents).

Let me know how you make out!

Carol
Avatar_dr_f_tn
Hi there. The various causes of headaches are tension headaches due to contraction of muscles in shoulders, neck, scalp and jaw, related to stress, depression, foods like chocolate, caffeine. These are both sided starting from the back of head spreading forward. Migraines are severe, recurrent headaches, accompanied by other symptoms like visual disturbances or nausea. One side of head, may spread to both associated with an aura. Cluster headaches are sharp, extremely painful headaches that tend to occur several times a day for months. sinus headaches cause pain in the front of head and face and get worse on positional changes like bending forward.
Rare causes  of headache include brain aneurysm which is a weakening of the  wall of a blood vessel that can rupture and bleed into brain,  brain tumor, stroke or TIA and  brain infection like meningitis or encephalitis.
Symptoms experienced before the rupture of a large aneurysm are sudden and unusually severe headache, nausea, impaired vision, loss of consciousness or lack of any symptoms at all, some of which you are experiencing. The onset of these symptoms can be sudden and without any warning. The tests for its detection include cerebral arteriogram or angiogram where a catheter is inserted into an artery in the leg and guided through blood vessels to the arteries in your neck that lead to your brain. The radiologist injects dye into the arteries, which creates map of the arteries and aneurysm on x rays. Cerebrospinal fluid examination for the presence of blood if there is a suspected subarachnoid hemorrhage. CT scan can help detect bleeding in your brain. It can show blood flow in the brain and also the location of the aneurysm. A dye injected into a vein to highlight blood flow in the arteries and veins and give additional detail regarding the appearance of brain aneurysm is the CT angiogram. MRI can show the aneurysm’s location and it may highlight blood circulation and locate an unruptured or ruptured brain aneurysm when a dye is injected into the blood vessels. An aneurysm is usually asymptomatic till the time that it actually ruptures. Rupture of a cerebral aneurysm is dangerous and may result in bleeding into the meninges  or the brain itself causing stroke due to either  subarachnoid hemorrhage or intracranial hematoma. The size and location of an aneurysm determines its risk of rupture hence a prophylactic endovascular embolisation could be taken up if detected in time, averting the complications of rupture and surgery.
An immediate visit to the neurologist is warranted for quick intervention and a better prognosis.