Middle Cerebral aneursym
Has anyone had a middle cerebral aneursym? I just found out I have 3.7 mm, the surgeon said it was smooth and close to surface. Does anyone know what that means? I was such shock that I just sat there and Didnt bother asking questions. Im having surgery on Decembr 18th, Im have a clipping done, I am so nervous. Your feedback would be appreciated .

Thank You

Marisa
Sorry to read about your diagnosis.  May I recommend you consider literature at the Brain Aneurysm Foundation.  That site also has a patient forum of similar situated patients.  I the site very useful and contribute to it often.

Feeling nervous is  normal for any surgery and this type is more complex.  As time before the surgery will go quickly, let me make a few suggestions to help protect you.

1) Make sure you have completed the following: Power of Attorney naming someone you trust to handle your personal affairs should you become disabled for any length of time; 2) Healthcare Power of Attorney naming some to make healthcare decisions on your behalf and; 3) Always have a Will.  I don't suggest these because you can have a bad outcome but because no one can predict outcomes from anything in life.

Surgery today is so much more improved even from 10 years ago so I think you will do well.
Excellent comment!