Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
Plavix for post crani-aneurysm clipping, BUT also post RNY gastric bypa...

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Plavix for post crani-aneurysm clipping, BUT also post RNY gastric bypass

I have two brain aneurysms:  one was successfully clipped 2/11.  The 2nd, ACom was unsuccessfully clipped (coil migrated to another artery and is real happy adhering to the wall!) April 2012.  They might have had to stent, but the bariatric surgeon felt strongly that I not take aspirin (even the baby dose) or Plavix which would have been needed.  NOW I DO have to take Plavix to keep the blood flowing nicely around that coil.

I had RNY gastric bypass in 2004, lost 120 lbs and have maintain that.  One rule:  no nsaids or aspirin, which I've obeyed.

Are any of you in the same boat?
I meant to state "coiling" in the title!  Plavix is because of the coil migrating.