Post aneurysm repair headaches
Three days ago I was released from the hospital after 2 1/2 week stay  following surgery to clip a bleeding aneurysm. I know headaches are a part of my recovery however they seem unbareable even with 4mg of hydromorphon every 4 hrs. I've been to the local ER on the second day home (been home 3 days now) and they took another cat scan.all was ok, no bleeding. The pain is about what I experienced in the hospital but I handled it better. How long should I expect this to last? I do not think I can tolerate it much longer.
Janet,

You are still in the recovery phase and depending on what part of the skull the crainitomy was cut it could provide some additional answers.  For example the frontaltemporal location left or right side could be more painful versus surgery to the posterior skull.  If you can provide any additional information about the surgery it would be helpful.