Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
Post aneurysm repair headaches

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Post aneurysm repair headaches

Three days ago I was released from the hospital after 2 1/2 week stay  following surgery to clip a bleeding aneurysm. I know headaches are a part of my recovery however they seem unbareable even with 4mg of hydromorphon every 4 hrs. I've been to the local ER on the second day home (been home 3 days now) and they took another cat scan.all was ok, no bleeding. The pain is about what I experienced in the hospital but I handled it better. How long should I expect this to last? I do not think I can tolerate it much longer.
Janet,

You are still in the recovery phase and depending on what part of the skull the crainitomy was cut it could provide some additional answers.  For example the frontaltemporal location left or right side could be more painful versus surgery to the posterior skull.  If you can provide any additional information about the surgery it would be helpful.