Question about my Ct scan..Headaches
I went to the ER last night because i was having SERVE headache for the past week and nothing i was taking was helping me.When i got there they did a whole bunch of blood test and gave me a CT scan without contrast.The dr said everything came back fine and i may have migraines  or need glasses. I do that a MRI is better but would a CT scan show if i had anything going on?  I panic when it comes to my health and i was told that a CT scan is not a good tool to find Aneurysms or brain tumors. I still have a slight headache but not as intense as the last week.

Do you have alot of symptoms  of an Aneurysm before it pops? I know if it poped im sure i would be in the worst pain ever.I dont maybe im just paranoid. Thanks for any advice/Insight.
Do you ever recall having a concussion or head injury?  A ruptured aneurysm in the brain would cause the absolute worst headache you've ever had in addition to other symptoms and indicators.  Migraines are probable the most likely cause.  If the headaches continue make an appointment with a Neurologist for further evaluation.  Good luck!
Hi there. CT scans are good for identifying bony structure deformities and MRI scans are good at showing soft tissues of brain In great detail plus they can be rotated and images captured in any plane to precisely hit at the problem. Aneurysm and tumour would definitely be better detailed on an mri. Aneurysm before rupture is usually asymptomatic and unassuming with very few symptoms. Its only after rupture that it is usually detected and corrected. Take care.