Brain (Cerebral) Aneurysm Community
Subdural hematoma in 10 week old baby

WELCOME TO ANEURYSM THE COMMUNITY: This Patient-To-Patient Community is for discussions relating to Brain Aneurysms which is a weak or thin spot on a blood vessel in the brain that balloons out and fills with blood. The bulging aneurysm can put pressure on a nerve or surrounding brain tissue. It may also leak or rupture, spilling blood into the surrounding tissue (called a hemorrhage). Some cerebral aneurysms, particularly those that are very small, do not bleed or cause other problems. Cerebral aneurysms can occur anywhere in the brain, but most are located along a loop of arteries that run between the underside of the brain and the base of the skull.

Subdural hematoma in 10 week old baby

My 10 week old nephew was taken taken to a local hospital and was diagnosed with SUBARACHNOID HEMATOMA and then with SUBDURAL HEMATOMA. I keep going back to the baby's birth, at which I was present. During this time, my sister was in labor, was experiencing complications dialating, was sitting at 3 cm for 6 + hours, doctors came in, gave her potocin to try to, as I would say, speed up the process, she did slowly dialate, however towards the end, they immediately thru oxygen on her, tossed her over on her right side and left her there for the duration of the labor, which lasted until morning. Doctors came in, and they brought one doctor in particular that stated that he was going to assist the baby, the doctor said the baby was chin up and neck crooked, and facing the 11 O'clock position and that he was going to get the babys chin down. The doctors face turned extremely red during this process and appeared to be using alot of force/pressure to assit with the positioning of the baby. My sister then became totallly effaced and they said she was ready to push, she pushed with every contraction for two hours and barely moved the baby, after approximately 3 hours, baby was born, however had slight bruising on the front left lobe area of his head, was immediately whisked to put him on oxygen, and taken to NICU. My question is, is there any possibility that this injury was caused by what I think was excessive effort to bring the baby into position? Any insight or answers would be greatly appreciated.